7.11.2017

bloom where you're planted

This post's title is a phrase my mama has repeated to me for as long as I can remember.

I guess I've been in a sort of recalibration mode this past year {hence the lack of blog posts}... adjusting to a new job, a new place to live, and just getting used to not traveling all of the time for work!  It has taken me a bit longer to settle than maybe I'd anticipated.


But one of the great things about being planted in one spot {see what I did there?!}, is that I've been able to have plants in my outdoor space this summer because I'm actually at home to tend to them.  {Let's pause to remember my departed ripple jade from 3 summers ago... you will recall my track record has not been great with keeping plants!}  


Now, I literally have BLOOMS where I am PLANTED!
 





I love coming home after work each day and checking on my plants.  I will give them water if they need it and keep them pruned.  It's fun to watch them actually grow and bloom over and over.

Of course, this new road to plant-tending success has not come without its share of loss...


Ever the glutton for punishment, I tried another indoor succulent plant.  Wasn't it so pretty in its glory?  I just didn't have the skills to keep this one going, though, and it eventually bit the dust.  Another casualty.

But my outdoor plants are going strong, and I will keep this new hobby up!

Just call me a plant lady. 

No comments:

Post a Comment